Through my eyes

It's not always the way it seems...

Monday, January 29, 2007

One word says it all...Math

I am feeling at my lowest tonight. I just got back from school about a half n hour ago knowing I didn't do well on my math test tonight. I am taking basic algebra and I can't seem to get it. I studied all weekend, I got all the answers right on my homework, Brenda has even been tutoring me. I get what we're doing in class, I get the homework, I even understand when Brenda explains it to me. However, when I take the tests it's all greek to me. I am starting to feel like I am not cut out for College. My last math teacher in Math 104 wasn't very good so I feel like I didn't learn anything to take with me to Math 106. The college even asked the teacher for Math 104 not to come back. Jesse suggested adjusting my study habits. I usually study at the kitchen table which is not comfortable because it's an old 1950's ice cream parlor table. I really wish I could fit a desk in my apartment so I could have a "proper" study area. I found a nice desk for cheap, Jesse and I even measured my apartment to see if it would fit but I think it would make my place look even smaller than it already is. Twice I have gone to Russ's to meet Brenda so she could help me study and maybe that isn't the right environment for that but I only have one beer and I understand what's going on with what I am learning. I don't want to study every free hour I have cause there is this thing I have outside of work and school called life. I just don't know what to do anymore. I have been feeling this way about a lot of things affecting me personally lately. Why does life have to be so complicated?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home