Through my eyes

It's not always the way it seems...

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Dormant talent

Do you ever feel like the talents you used to posses back in the day have been dormant for years? I feel like every now and then because I am surrounded by friends who have these amazing talents and hobbies that are enriching their lives. Maybe it's a little jealousy too, who knows. I used to draw all the time and not a day went by when I didn't have the sketch book out. I used to sew a lot too and invent new accesories for my clothes or just enhance my current wardrobe with a snazzy piece of material sewn on a pocket. There was a time for about a year my friends and I went crazy with the iron-ons. We would print out pictures from the internet to iron-on paper then stick them on t-shirts, hee hee, we were so dorky. O.K. well those piddally things are not the enriching things I am speaking of. I'm talking about people who play instruments and are in bands or promoting bands. People who are involved in their communities organizing events so people can enjoy their hometown. Hell even a person who likes trains, antiques. Camera talents too I have a friend who is fascinated by cameras, old new, film, digital. These are the people who engross themselves in their hobbies and I look up to them because I have always started one hobby gotten bored then moved on to another. I haven't really found anything to engross myself in and for that I am a little jealous of those people who have. Should I feel more fullfilled with a "hobby" or is my life fine the way I am living it? I wish I had a "craft" room that way I could have all my hobbies accessible in 2 seconds. "Sigh" maybe one day I'll find what I'm looking for.

1 Comments:

At 11:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home