Through my eyes

It's not always the way it seems...

Monday, April 06, 2009

A sorta new poem

City

you embrace me with your open arms
and all my conflictions disappear
I walk the streets and you're all around
in the city lights and the puddles on the ground

the tracks rattle with years of pain
much like my life that was off track w/ only me to blame
I lost my way down a crowded street
the busy traffic sounds like a crazy beat

tens years of wasted time
then one day it started to unwind
living in this place kills my inspirational grace
I need to break away explore what makes me
it's where I wants to be

I click my heels three times "there's no place like the city"
life's about quality, not working and feeling shitty
the train whistle blows the light blinds my eyes
reality sets in and I've been living a lie

spring comes so quickly on a breeze
snow melts and the ground starts to unfreeze
make your move from pawn to queen
I need to start living life so it seems

1 Comments:

At 7:58 PM, Blogger Jay said...

I miss you and as much as I was against you leaving I now understand more than ever. I never regret a day that I spent with you. Both of us were relief for each other. I just wanted more and that probably ruined it. You are a combination of every woman I have ever loved and the friend in a woman that I never had. We shared our secrets and our heartache and we drank it away ;-)
Please never leave my life no matter how far we are apart.

Jay

 

Post a Comment

<< Home