Through my eyes

It's not always the way it seems...

Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Happy Medium?


So I've been living in Chicago for two years now, took a class at Columbia (my dream) last year, work is finally great, & I'm engaged. I don't think that I could ask for anything better. Except one thing...friends. I've sacraficed seeing my close friends often for making dreams and goals come true. I asked myself this question tonight, why is there always one thing out of balance in my life at all times? Maybe the universe is trying to keep me grounded or I wasn't meant to have a balanced life? Before I moved my personal life was a wreck, my job wasn't going well, I wasn't sure about going to school for business anymore & I was just unhappy with my surroundings. So I thought making a change was just what I needed. But I realized I miss my friends. I am going to be getting together this week to see two of my friends & I'm giddy as a school girl. But living 50 miles away doesn't give me the opportunity to just call them up last minute & get dinner or grab a drink. Sometimes I miss that the most. 
-- Sent from my Palm Pixi

2 Comments:

At 7:49 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

do it anyway. just make the call/text. it takes me 45 min to get there. You take that long doing your hair anyway..haha.

 
At 6:25 AM, Anonymous Lidia said...

Ha! That is so true NN! I know I can always count on you to come out to the city & vise versa with me I am always willing to come to the burbs :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home